Friday, August 5, 2011

Long overdue update

Well.....as you can tell I definitely failed at my attempt to start a blog before......three posts and then I just stopped. How much does that suck? Maybe not for y'all, haha, but for me it does. I wanted to chronicle the entire wedding planning process, the big move to Florida, and starting a completely new chapter in my life. Overall, I just wanted to invite everyone in to have a glimpse into my life and getting to marry the man that I love more than anything else in this world. So since I didn't get to go into any details during the planning and move, I'll just start out my new attempt at blogging by giving an update!

Robert and I took the plunge on May 7th at the church that I grew up attending, and it was quite possibly the shortest ceremony known to mankind. :) That is what we wanted though; we wanted the ceremony to be simple and keep it about what we were there for....joining as one under the eyes of God and in front of all our friends and family. My dress was definitely the best wedding dress ever...maybe I am just partial, but it did all come together extremely well the day of. The best part was seeing Robert tear up; he never does anything like that, so I knew he was truly happy to be where he was. I think seeing me in the dress is what pushed him over the edge :) Of course, being the cry baby that I am, I started tearing up the second they opened the doors and my father started walking me down the aisle. Some of my favorite highlights from the ceremony other than the walk with my father and of course getting to marry the man of my dreams were these: my oldest brother giving the welcome, my cousin Ryan reading "Carrie's Poem" from Sex and the City, and definitely having my father officiate the ceremony. It was so unbelievably special having my father not only walk me down the aisle and give me away, but to also have him perform the ceremony that brought Robert and I together as husband and wife. The kiss at the end was pretty great too!!

The reception was everything that I wanted it to be! The Hilton Bella Harbor was the best choice for a reception, and overlooking Lake Ray Hubbard when the sun was setting was unbelievable. The decorations were so beautiful, the lighting was great, people ate, danced, and seemed to have a really great time. The only thing that I wish was different is that I wouldn't have been hungry when I left, BUT that was to be expected. Everyone told me prior to the wedding to just be prepared to not eat because you are going to be talking, hugging, and shaking hands too much, and boy were they right! From what other people told me though, and the small bit that we did get to eat, the food was really good. It was okay though because after the wedding that night Robert and I were given such a great surprise by the hotel. Room service brought up a tray with the most amazing fudgey chocolate brownies, strawberries, and a wonderful bottle of champagne. Our DJ was amazing, he had everyone up and dancing and he played every song that I wanted him to and even picked extra ones that fit perfectly. My mom and I were nervous how it would turn out with the DJ since we fired the one we initially hired only two weeks before the big day and hired him, but it turned out PERFECT. We would definitely recommend him to anyone that asked. The room was so warm and inviting with splashes of pink everywhere, and don't even get me started on the candy bar and cakes. They we both AMAZING, and we ate enough of the cake to feed a third world country! Darby at Rockwall Flowers did the most amazing job turning my vision into a gorgeous event, and she blew my mind when it came to everything she did with the flowers and decorations. We are slowly starting to get pictures back from that night and I am blown away. Christy Lord did an unbelievable job on my bridal portraits, and it seems to me that she is topping herself with the wedding pictures. Overall our wedding was the night we had both dreamed of, and it was filled with so much love and happiness that you really couldn't ask for anything more. Robert says our wedding was the best ever, and even says we should do it all over again, and of course I am all for that! :) We just both had so much fun that we want to do it all over again!!!

Once we get all of our pictures back I will put some on here so you can have a look into the most amazing and perfect day of my life. I'll post reviews of all the vendors later because this post has already become way too long. Maybe I'll even put some of my bridal pics up....who knows....you never know what I'll do :)

No comments:

Post a Comment