Tuesday, March 8, 2011

David Tutera eat your heart out

First and foremost let me say that I have by far and away the most amazing mom in this entire world. She has been there for me through every good, bad, exciting, and horribly excruciating moment in my life. This engagement period is not anything different. She has stepped up and taken on the roll of wedding planner, provider, and overall organizer. She has helped me calm down when I have been stressed to tears, and been there to laugh with me when moments are so happy they are filled with tears (if you did not already know, I am someone who cries at the drop of  a hat) She is definitely superwoman in my eyes.

The wedding planning started when I was about the age of 5, when weddings in my eyes were something that only happened to princesses and movie stars. The real wedding planning started the Monday after we got engaged and in about a month my mom and I had successfully planned almost an entire wedding. Well all of the big stuff to be more exact. This planning process seems to be never ending though; once one item gets checked off of the list two more things pop up in its place. The hardest part of the initial process was actually picking the colors for the wedding, in the end the final decision was made on chocolate brown, ivory, and accents of light pink. There will also be plenty of sparkle throughout the night too. We have set the big day to happen on Saturday May 7th of this year, I cannot believe that it is 60 days away!

The month of January was definitely the most crazy month so far. We sercured the church, reception site, photographer, cake baker, dj, picked the bridal party, groomsmen, and house party, florist, bought my entire outfit for the wedding, got all of the girls dresses, picked out the tuxes, got the officiant, got save the dates, and even found some time in there to have fun. I will put a list of names at the end of this post. One of the craziest parts of what we got done in the beginning was securing the reception site. The night I was asked to be a wife I knew instantly the three things I wanted for the wedding, they were to be married in the church that I grew up in by my father, and I wanted the reception to be at the Hilton Bella Harbor. The first two I knew were going to be easy, the last detail though I figured I would never get in a million years. Especially considering the day I called was 4 months before the wedding. By some miraculous event though the day I called I was told that they had space available that saturday, and I booked the room right then and there. My mom and I have heard from multiple different people that they are extremely surprised we were able to get in because there have been girls calling a year in advance and cant get in on their wedding date. I really started to get the feeling like things were going to come together just like we all wanted them too.

This post I really just wanted to started to give an overview of everything we are getting done, because giving details on every single thing would have meant me writing a piece that was the length of novel. The main thing I can say about this whole wedding planning process is it is the most amazing and most stressful and most exciting thing I have ever had the chance to take part in. I just keep trying to remind myself to let the stressful things stay in the background and to have fun with everything that we get to do. Next time I will start to get into A LOT more detail about everything, and maybe provide a read much more exciting than this post is. I do apologize about it, I am a little bit off my game tonight, but I promise to bring you something better tomorrow!!

List of Vendors
Church: First Baptist Church
Reception: Hilton Bella Harbor
Officiant: Paul Smith (my dad)
Florist: Darby with Rockwall Flowers
Photographer: Christy Lord
DJ: Steve Kasprisin
Cake Baker: The Cake Guys
My Dress/All the girls dresses: Emma's Boutique
Tuxes: Mens Warehouse

No comments:

Post a Comment